Why it's NEVER TOO LATE to chase a soccer dream! (ft. Dom Zator) | OneNation - Ep. 11
Welcome back to another episode of OneNation - A Canadian Soccer podcast! This week, hosts Andi Petrillo and Jordan Wilson welcome former York United and recent CanMNT international Dominick Zator to the show to talk about dreams. Specifically, chasing a soccer dream, and all the trials, tribulations and challenges that that dream entails.
Zator's no stranger to overcoming those obstacles – he's now in Poland at 28, playing in Europe and pursuing his own dream of making the CanMNT squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup at home.
He and Wilson reflect on their playing careers so far, while Andi offers some sage wisdom of her own on how to make it in the equally-competitive world of sports broadcasting and media.
- - How to make it in soccer?
- - How do youth players get scouted?
- - Challenges of playing abroad?
- - Succeeding in soccer... off the field?
- - Jordan’s footballing mentality
- - What to do when MLS path doesn’t work?
- - Why CPL is so important
- - DOMINICK ZATOR JOINS THE SHOW!
- - Zator’s biggest footballing inspiration
- - Never too late to chase CanMNT dream
- - Succeeding in Poland through CPL lessons